Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe (V, GF): a thick layer of moist pumpkin coffee cake with a cinnamon sweet, buttery-rich topping. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Clean-Eating.
- 3 ½ tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- 3 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground. Coarse oat flour will result in crumbly cake.
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: Add Streusel ingredients to a small bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin cake: Add all the Wet Ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Batter will be very thick—do not add additional water or liquids.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Sprinkle streusel over pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Mine took 35 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the cake. The toothpick will come out clean when the cake is done.
- Allow to cool in pan placed on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Lift out of pan and transfer directly to cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-3 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread.
Also try my Moist Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins.
-*You may substitute all of these spices with 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
– Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature in a cool, dark environment. If stored in the refrigerator, topping will harden. Allow to soften at room temperature before enjoying, if desired.
– This coffee cake freezes well. Slice first, then store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- Category: Quick Breads, Cake, Dessert, Autumn, Fall, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Healthy