Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread: this vegan pumpkin bread recipe is moist, deliciously dense & lightly fluffy. The best vegan pumpkin bread—rich pumpkin flavor, warm spices & lightly sweet.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. The batter will be thick—do not add additional liquids. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour.
- Transfer batter into prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread batter into an even layer, with a rise down the center (mimic the shape of a perfect loaf). The batter will bake up very similar to how it looks raw, so it’s important to create the final, baked shape you want. Using a butter knife, cut a slit down the center of the loaf to create a beautiful split on top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 66 minutes. Place loaf pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour. After 1 hour, lift parchment paper and loaf out of pan and place directly onto the cooling rack to finish cooling, about 2-3 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
No almond flour? Try my Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Best the first 3 days.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 66 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread recipe