Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies: chewy & moist gluten free brownie cookies with a crispy exterior and LOTS of chocolate packed in! The BEST gluten free chocolate brownie cookie recipe EVER.
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients, until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature just until it’s soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread a bit. Using the palm of your hand, press down on the cookie balls to flatten about halfway for thick cookies, or flatten considerably for just slightly thick cookies.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Optionally, press more chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Place baking sheet on cooling rack and allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Delicious Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Chocolate or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips | Golden Ground Flaxseed
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy cookies, then measure.
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-30 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave in 5-10 second increments until just warmed.
- Recommended Tools: Small Cookie Scoop or Medium Cookie Scoop | Baking Sheet | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Mixing Bowls | Cooling Rack | 4-Event Timer
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American