Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (V, GF): an easy recipe for soft, texture-rich energy breakfast bars bursting with cranberries and almonds. Whole Grain, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar Free.
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, let set for 15 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well combined. Fold in cranberries and almonds.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Optionally, sprinkle with cranberries and almonds.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the edges turn a dark, golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
– Adapted from my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vega, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free).
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– More healthy breakfast treats (all V+GF): peanut butter banana breakfast cookies, double chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, banana oat muffins.
- Category: Breakfast, Bars, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain