Gluten Free Gingerbread Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): an easy recipe for lightly sweet, soft and chewy ginger oatmeal cookies bursting with your favorite warm holiday spices! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, set for 15 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and molasses.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Space cookies evenly apart, with enough space to spread during baking. Using a fork, flatten cookies. Dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies from the sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before storing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Gingerbread Oatmeal Homemade Breakfast Bars.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in a cool, dark environment.
– More holiday recipes here: Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies, Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes, 5 Minute Peppermint Fudge.
- Category: Breakfast, Holiday, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free