Moist & Fudgy Ganache Peppermint Brownies Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for indulgently fudgy, cool mint brownies topped with silky smooth chocolate ganache made with healthy ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Happy first Official week of December aka it’s only a few weeks till Christmas!!!! Are you ready for it?? (Oh my gosh, am I the only one who has Taylor Swift singing that over and over again in my head?!?)
Since before Christmas—shoot, I seriously meant to say Thanksgiving!! See how pervasive and typing-influencing the holiday madness is?! Wait, what was I saying?
Yes, so since before Thanksgiving, I’ve been sharing healthy holiday dessert recipes! Have you had a chance to try my Gingerbread Oatmeal Homemade Breakfast Bars yet? Literally like a bite of Christmas. But like, without the whole tree part.
Okaaaaaaay, fine, it’s not literally a bite of Christmas. But something about saying “literally” makes it seem more important and, for-realsies. Don’t you think? 🙂
Then, then then, make these Moist & Fudgy Ganache Peppermint Brownies.
It’s about to get CHRISTMAS-Y up in here!!
Now tell me, what are your family’s favorite holiday flavors? That’s totally a thing right? Maybe it’s peppermint, pumpkin, maple pecan, or cranberries. As for my family, they’ll take them all—and anything else you’re offering. 😉
I might just have to admit that Erik and I always feel the need to sneak peanut butter and chocolate in there. See: ultimate chocolate peanut butter bars. Yes, they are as good as they sound!
One of my favorite treats to make for the holidays are Brownies!! I’m partial to cookies, candy and quick breads, too. But brownies. Happy sigh… There’s just something about baking a fresh, gooey batch of super fudgy brownies that feels like an extra special treat. And if you’re really into super fudgy brownies, you’ve GOT to try my ultimate fudgy paleo vegan brownies. Yep, it’s feeling like an ultimate kind of day. 🙂
But back to these cool mint brownies (see what I mean about being ultimately partial to brownies?? I’ve got brownie brain today! When you bite into one, it’s like a bite of all your peppermint chocolate dreams. You have those, don’t you? 🙂
Even the day or days after, you can get it back to its fresh-baked glory, pop a slice into the microwave and warm it up. SO. GOOD. So. Fudgy.
The way that chocolate ganache topping melts when it’s warmed up… Happy Chocolate Sigh. Yes, that is SO a thing.
Great! Now I’m super distracted thinking about going to the kitchen and warming one up. Alright, warming 4 up.
Before I forget everything I was thinking, I’ve got to get the ball rolling on my usual Christmas Baking To Do List/Possible Ideas. Here’s what I was thinking:
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Paleo Mocha Frappe (to keep Erik and me fueled during our marathon bake sessions)
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Almond Butter Fudge Cups
- Paleo Candied Pecans
- a double batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (more likely a triple batch, lbh)
- Chocolate Coconut Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (or possibly the paleo version–or why not both?)
- two loaves of Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This year, I told Erik that it’s his turn to make the pumpkin bread! He usually gets a bit nervous about cutting the slit on top, but I always tell him it’s so easy and fun! It’s the best part, imo.
Are you planning on make any Beaming Baker treats this year? I’d love to hear which ones are your favorites! While I eagerly await, let me tell you all about these Moist & Fudgy Ganache Peppermint Brownies. They’re:
- easy to make, in just two bowls (blame the second bowl on the ganache)
- deliciously moist and fudgy
- topped with silky smooth dark chocolate ganache
- the perfect healthy-ish holiday dessert recipe for all your festive get-togethers
- just the vegan brownie treat you’ve been searching for all your life (like I’m exaggerating) 😉
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
- made with the simple, whole healthy ingredients you love
- perhaps your soon-to-be favorite gluten free brownies recipe!
Are you ready to get your Peppermint Chocolate Brownies on?? Like, to the max? Let’s do it! You grab the cocoa powder, I’ll grab everything else (I mean, I do have a kitchen FULL of gigantically large supplies!!) The only thing better than celebrating the holidays is sharing it with you. I’m so grateful that you’re here with me, kitchen experimenting and adventuring! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe! In the meantime, tell me:
What gifts are you planning on giving this year?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
If you enjoyed these Moist & Fudgy Ganache Peppermint Brownies, then you’ll just love these gluten free vegan holiday dessert recipes:
☀︎ More Gluten Free Vegan Healthy Holiday Dessert Recipes ☀︎
- Super Fudgy Maple Pecan Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Pecan Bars
- Paleo Apple Pecan Coconut Crisp
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut cream*
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Make the brownies: In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Whisk in flax eggs, peppermint and salt.
- Add oat flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold in until well-incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-32 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool.
- Make the Chocolate Topping: Use the double boiler method, or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Topping ingredients: chocolate chips and coconut cream. Heat in 15-second increments until just slightly softened and melted, being careful not to burn. Stir thoroughly in between heating increments, until smooth. Switch to whisking to achieve a silky smooth texture.
- Pour melted chocolate over completely cooled brownies. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. For clean slices, chill for 1-3 hours (after completely cooling). Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
-*How to replace coconut cream with cream from canned coconut milk: the night before, place a can of full-fat coconut milk (cans NOT marked “light”) in the fridge, being careful not to shake the contents. Day of, open the can and gently scoop the solid, white coconut layer off the top—this is coconut cream.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature. If storing in the refrigerator, brownies will firm up and keep for up to 2 weeks.
- These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- More delicious Gluten Free Holiday Dessert Recipes: peppermint fudge, almond joy truffles, chocolate cupcakes
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.