Gluten free pumpkin bars bursting with pumpkin spice goodness. Easy to customize pumpkin oatmeal bars that are vegan.
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips or your favorite add-in
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped or more of your favorite add-in
- 2 tablespoons add-ins from above
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Optionally, press chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the edges have browned. Mine took 25 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift out, slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Gluten Free & Pumpkin Recipes We Love
Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread and my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.
*You may replace these spices with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
Storing Instructions: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying; or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American