Vegan Gluten Free Brownies (GF): super rich & moist FUDGY vegan gf brownies! The best vegan gluten free brownie recipe—easy to make, mouthwateringly good, Gluten Free & Dairy Free!
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice*
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)**
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips or allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs.
- In thirds, fold in in the oat flour using a rubber spatula. Fold until batter resembles a very soft dough, with no flour patches remaining. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 26-34 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 9-16 brownies. Enjoy!
More Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies (Vegan)
*Do not use tahini (a seed butter)—the oil content is not consistent with nut butters and will make your brownies too oily.
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: **If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight freezer-friendly, airtight container in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 10 second increments until just warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten free brownies, gluten free dairy free brownies