Soft and tender crumb with sweet vanilla and loads of chocolate chips for the best ever healthy chocolate chip muffins recipe!
Welcome to the Best EVER Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe. Throw away all of your other healthy chocolate chip muffins recipes. Heck, throw away all of your traditional chocolate chip muffins recipes.
This one is all you’re gonna need.
When baking and baking rounds of healthy muffins in the Beaming Baker Test Kitchen (oooh, sounds so official!), Erik and I were halted in our tracks when we tasted today’s healthy chocolate chip muffins.
We stopped production (aka home baking lol), called anyone and everyone we knew, and demanded everything stop for one second so we could all happily sigh over how friggin’ amazing these healthy chocolate chip muffins turned out.
Hint: they taste like the best ever chocolate chip cookies in muffin form. And they just happen to be healthy. Say whaaaa???
Try your hand at making super-duper-secretly healthy chocolate chip muffins and WOW all of your friends and fam with the shocker factoid that these babies are actually healthy. *Mic drop*
Ready to get into today’s baking adventure? Let’s do it!
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
I love making these healthy chocolate chip muffins because they’re so easy to bake, and yield a super tender muffin packed with guilt-free chocolate chip delight!
Firstly, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
Secondly, in a large bowl, sift together oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Next up, heat up the water and milk until just warm—this keeps the coconut oil from solidifying once combined.
Whisk the Wet Ingredients
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until well mixed: water, milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients.
Pour batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan. Top with chocolate chips.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake for about 29 minutes. Cool and enjoy the best ever healthy chocolate chip muffins!
My favorite chocolate chips muffins ever—they just happen to be healthy. Deep vanilla flavor with a buttery profile and sweet, dark chocolate chips balancing it all out beautifully.
Healthy Ingredients for Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
Remember the days when you had to put a clothes pin over your nose and force yourself to eat too many bowls of tasteless oatmeal? Forget all of those days by using fiber-rich, heart-healthy oat flour instead of highly processed, bleached all purpose flour to make these healthy chocolate chip muffins. Oat flour: keeps you regular and satisfied with yummy healthy chocolate chip muffins! Learn How to Make Homemade Oat Flour here.
I simply love sneaking almonds into my healthy recipes because they provide an added boost of healthy fats, nutrients and keep you satisfied longer. Whole ingredients = whole belly (that’s actually full.) Here is the almond flour that I use.
One of my favorite healthy ingredients to use in my healthy baking recipes. Coconut oil contains healthy fatty acids that raise good cholesterol in your blood, which can, in turn, reduce heart disease, and provide quick energy stat!
Coconut Sugar & Maple Syrup
My favorite refined sugar-free sweeteners that retain nutrients like iron, zinc, calcium and potassium and antioxidants. You can find coconut sugar here.
Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate
Healthy Muffins You Might Like
- Easy Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins (V, GF)
- Healthy Lemon Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Vegan Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
The Taste & Texture
Texture: These healthy chocolate chip muffins are super moist, rich with a soft, tender crumb that’s perfectly fluffy. You’d never guess these chocolate chip muffins were healthy!
Taste: No exaggeration, these muffins taste exactly like chocolate chip cookie dough, in muffin form! Sweet vanilla flavor, bursting with melty morsels of delicious chocolate chips. Deep vanilla flavor with buttery profile and sweet & dark chocolate chips balancing it all out.
Unbelievably good healthy chocolate chip muffins! Rich chocolate flavor, soft & moist crumb and gorgeous notes of vanilla.
- Oat Flour: some folks have swapped the oat flour in this recipe with whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and even gluten free all purpose flour with success. I love oat flour the best, but you can try the all purpose or wheat flour you have on hand. And in case you’re interested, try your hand at learning how to make oat flour.
- Almond Flour: try keeping this sub as similar as possible. For example, use cashew flour or sunflower seed flour. If you don’t have any of those on hand, you *might* be able to use an additional ¼ cup oat flour. I’ve tried this sub in the past with a few different muffin recipes with success. However, keep in mind that the best results come from sticking to the recipe. 😉
- Coconut oil: here, melted vegan butter or any kind of butter will work.
- Coconut Sugar: try using brown sugar.
- Maple Syrup: you can try using brown rice syrup, honey or another liquid sweetener. As with all recipes, keep in mind that any swaps may result in an unexpected texture. Try your swap and see how you like the results, then adjust accordingly.
- Chocolate Chips: feel free to swap the chocolate chips in these healthy muffins with your favorite add-ins, such as fruit, nuts and seeds. Just make sure to keep the proportions the same.
Delicious Pairings for Your Healthy Muffins
Okay, so now you’re all set with making these healthy muffins every freaking day–but how to shake things up? I love adding toppings on my healthy muffins in order to change up their flavor profile. Try these out! 🙂
- Top with nut butter
- For a dessert treat, serve with healthy ice cream
- Coconut whip
Great Tools for the Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Almond Flour: this almond flour is super finely ground and blanched, making for amazing flour-like quality in these chocolate chip muffins.
- Try these paleo chocolate chunks that are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar-free. Keeping your sugar low? Use these stevia-sweetened sugar-free chocolate chips instead. 😉
- Unbleached Muffin Liners or Nonstick Parchment Muffin Liners: I love both of these and swap which ones I use from time to time. The unbleached ones are compostable and stick just-enough to the muffins while the nonstick ones will literally fall off after cooling (perfect for those who hate liners that stick!).
- Large Scoop: for super easy muffin batter distribution. I love using this large scoop to distribute muffin batter quickly and evenly to each muffin cup.
Are you ready to have your muffin-print socks blasted off!? I mean, these healthy chocolate chip muffins are that good. Try your hand at making them, and let me know what you think in the comments below! I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in these baking adventures with me and the fam. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍫 📸 🍫
More Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Healthy Moist Vegan Zucchini Muffins w/ Chocolate Chips
- Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Chocolate Orange Muffins
- try adding chocolate chips to this incredible Secretly Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe! 🍌
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.