Healthy Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bars (V, GF): an easy, no bake recipe for decadent edible cookie dough bars coated in a thick layer of mouthwatering chocolate topping. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, No Bake.
Cookie Dough Bars
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon natural unsalted, creamy almond butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Make the Cookie Dough Bars: Add oat flour, maple syrup, oil and vanilla to a medium bowl. Using a spoon, stir until thickened and well incorporated. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold together into a cohesive dough. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour cookie dough into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Prepare Chocolate Topping using a double-boiler or do the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating until smooth and well mixed. Pour topping over cookie dough bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Optionally, make swirls on top for fun!
- Transfer pan to freezer. Chill for 20-30 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
– *If you’d like to make these a few days in advance, leave out 1 to 2 tablespoons of oat flour. This will keep the dough softer for the later days—however, it may be too soft on the first day.
– Best if enjoyed the first day; Day 2 and on, the bars will become drier. Day 2 and forward, to soften, heat in 10-second increments in the microwave until just warm. The topping will become melty.
– Store for 1 week in an airtight container at room temperature. If stored in the refrigerator, bars will harden and become dry much faster.
- Category: No Bake, Bars, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Dessert