Healthy Oatmeal Cookies: this healthy oatmeal cookie recipe yields soft & lightly sweet healthy oatmeal cookies with spiced, buttery-rich flavor, lightly crispy edges and a tender moist, interior.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined and thickened. The dough will be sticky.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up on the pan for 10 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! (Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF)
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy oatmeal cookies, healthy oatmeal cookie recipe