Healthy Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies: warm, cozy spices with chewy oats and sweet ‘n tart cranberries in the best vegan oatmeal cranberry cookies recipe!
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in cranberries. Dough will be very sticky and wet.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes, or until soft enough to bite into. Otherwise, you can heat these cookies in the microwave in 10-second increments until slightly soft.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cranberry cookies