Homemade Vegan Ice Cream Recipe: learn 3 easy ways to make delicious vegan ice cream: Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry! Dairy-Free, Non-Dairy, Plant-Based.
Vegan Ice Cream Base
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.66 oz.)
- 1 can coconut cream (13.66 oz.)
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- add extracts and other add-ins to taste, or check out popular flavors of vegan ice cream below.
For Vanilla Vegan Ice Cream
- Get the recipe here: Homemade Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
For Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
- Get the recipe here: Best Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
For Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream
- Get the recipe here: Best Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream
- The day before, freeze your freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. This is the ice cream maker I use.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor. Optionally, add vanilla or other extracts to taste. For guidance, check out my Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry vegan ice cream recipes.
- Blend until smooth and well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Vegan ice cream is best the first day. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vanilla Bean Pods | Full-fat Coconut Milk | Coconut Cream | Raw Cashew Butter | Pure Maple Syrup | Pure Almond Extract | Raw Cacao Powder
- Storage Notes: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
- For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Recommended Tools: My Favorite Food Processor | Ice Cream Maker or Large Ice Cream Maker | Trigger Ice Cream Scoop | Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini Pints
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American