Silky sweetness and fresh lemon tart flavor make a deliciously simple lemon glaze for muffins, breads and your mouth (trust me, you won’t be able to resist). Plus, recipes to use your lemon glaze on!
- 3 tablespoons organic, unrefined confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bake and cool muffins or whatever you’d like to glaze. Here are some suggestions:
- Cool baked goods completely, then prepare glaze.
- Add confectioners’ sugar to a small bowl.
- Starting with just ½ teaspoon, add lemon juice into bowl.
- Whisk until thickened and smooth. This part requires a bit of patience. As the confectioners’ sugar very slowly dissolves, the glaze will liquefy.
- Whisk some more until all confectioners sugar is dissolved. This will take a minute or two.
- If needed, add a little bit more lemon juice. Add just ¼ teaspoon or less at a time.
- Once smooth and liquidy, but still very thick, glaze is ready.
- Glaze baked goods, allow glaze to firm up a bit, then enjoy!
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: How-To, Dessert
- Method: Whisk
- Cuisine: American