Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe (GF): this easy gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe makes perfectly spiced pumpkin muffins! The best GF pumpkin muffins—made in 1-bowl with healthy, whole ingredients.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ to 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, spice and salt. Whisk as long as you can—the batter will be thick. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Do not add additional liquids—the batter is meant to be very thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I use this ice cream scoop to create beautiful domed tops. If not using a scoop, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top—the batter will bake up very close to how it looks raw. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes (on the longer end for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy!
Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe (GF, Dairy-Free).
Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy muffins.
- **Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can use: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- To Store: cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To Transport: use this muffin holder. It’s two tiered and holds two batches of muffins!
- To Freeze: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds or more.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, vegan pumpkin muffins