Protein-Packed Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie: 19 grams of protein. Just 5 simple ingredients in a quick and easy recipe for a creamy, healthy and protein-rich smoothie chockfull of strawberries and peanut butter. Try the vegan version here.
Whenever I make this smoothie for the gang (three sisters, my mom, Erik and wildly fortunate nearby loiterers), I’m ridiculously pleased by their reactions.
The thing is, no one ever expects a beautifully pink, creamy, seemingly Strawberry Members Only smoothie to have this amazing peanut butter kick to it. It’s this unexpected surprise that brightens up people’s days (and alleviates their fear of members-only clubs).
Then, the best part: a smile that you haven’t seen on those faces since they were kids. That’s what this protein-packed strawberry peanut butter smoothie does: it brings out the happy kid in everyone. *happy sigh*
You take a sip and you’re just reminded of the simpler days. Like…
- the beauty of a bunch of colorful balloons floating against a clear blue sky
- peanut butter and strawberry jelly all over your face because you’re young and haven’t learned to be self-conscious yet
- running around with your friends until your lungs burn and it’s time for a nap (girl… do I miss those!)
- and so much more.
This protein-rich smoothie is made of just 5 ingredients, super quick and easy to make, and has 19 grams of protein per serving. All you have to do is load up your blender with the ingredients: strawberries, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, almond milk and frozen bananas. You blend it until it’s smooth and rich like buttah. But not… because that’s just weird. Okay then, just blend it until it’s smooth like… um… wait for it… a smoothie. Heh. Heh.
Pour into two very lucky cups, pop in some cute chevron-print straws, drizzle with peanut butter and top with slices of strawberry. Then sip and sip until you’re back in your space jammies and watching Saturday morning cartoons again.
Super sparkly (like Lisa Frank sticker-level) bonus, this childhood bliss-inducing, protein-packed strawberry peanut butter smoothie helps you build strong muscles.
You know, for when you grow up. 😉Print
Protein-Packed Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie: 19 grams of protein per serving, 5 simple ingredients in a quick and easy recipe for a creamy, healthy and protein-rich smoothie chockfull of strawberries and peanut butter.
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Add all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.
- Pour into cups. Enjoy!
– Try the Vegan version here.
– More healthy smoothies: chocolate peanut butter banana, blueberry coconut, mango chia seed.
– More healthy snack options: no bake peanut butter coconut bites, almond butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, chocolate banana muffins.
- Category: Smoothie, Snacks
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Another delicious reason to have PB for breakfast: try my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). One bite and you’ll know why it’s a reader favorite. 😉
So I hear you like PB smoothies… you might just love my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). Healthy like a smoothie, tasty like a milkshake.
Just 6 ingredients to your new fave healthy snack. Try my No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
Question of the Day
What foods or activities remind you of happy times as a kid?
I can’t wait to hear your responses.