Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Walnut Oat Cookies (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for chewy, crispy almond butter cookies deliciously made with whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Oat Flour, Whole Grain.
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, let set for 10 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons each: vegan chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. They will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips and walnuts into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, lift cookies off the sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for 1 hour. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
– Adapted from my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars and my Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
– More Cookies: dark chocolate almond trail mix, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal, cranberry chocolate chip oat flour, and double chocolate chip.
– More Almond Butter recipes: no bake almond butter coconut bites, almond butter fudge cups (paleo), no bake almond butter cookie dough granola bars.
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain