Vegan cinnamon cookies made with simple ingredients. Thick ‘n chewy vegan cinnamon cookies with crispy edges, chewy centers and big cinnamon flavor!
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- Note: You won’t use all of the cinnamon sugar coating–in fact, you could halve the cinnamon sugar coating below–you’re making more so the cookies are super easy to coat.
- 1/3 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener or organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients, until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature just until it’s soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled. The firmer the cookie dough balls, the thicker the cookies will be.
- Make the Cinnamon Sugar Coating: In a small bowl, mix together granulated monkfruit sweetener or organic cane sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop a cookie dough ball into the small bowl of cinnamon sugar coating. Press the ball firmly into the mixture (while maintaining its shape), then roll it and press again until the entire ball is coated.
- Place the cookie dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread. Using the bottom of a clean glass, flatten the cookies only ¼ way for thick cookies or flatten ½ way for thinner, flatter cookies. Repeat for each cookie.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack), then transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Delicious Vegan Cookies
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cinnamon cookies