Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread Recipe: rich, moist vegan quick bread bursting with juicy raisins under a blanket of warm cinnamon flavor. Gluten Free. Made with simple, whole ingredients.
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- ½ tablespoon raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Optionally, sprinkle with walnuts. Tuck a few raisins into the batter. Lightly press toppings into the loaf.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean with just a few moist bits, it’s done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice loaf into 10-12 slices. Enjoy!
Room Temp + Fridge: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment. Best the first 3 days.
To Freeze: store in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Quick Bread, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan quick bread, gluten free cinnamon raisin bread