Soft, pillowy zucchini chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth with the perfect moistness, just a touch of crisp exterior, beautiful zucchini gems and gooey chocolate chips.
- 1 ¼ cups ap flour or gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1–2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk as long as you can, and switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula. The dough will be sticky and soft.
- Fold in zucchini until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into a flat, even layer. Cover bowl with foil or lid, then freeze for about 25 minutes, or until somewhat firm. Beware, cookie dough will not become rock solid—it will still be soft, but firmer.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Press chocolate chips evenly over the tops of each cookies—the more you put on, the easier it will be to flatten the dough (it’ll be less sticky). Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness—mine was about 1/3” thick.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes.
- Move baking sheet onto a cooling rack to set cookies for about 5 minutes. Then, using a heatproof spatula, lift and transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack. Cool cookies for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Store cookies for 2-4 days in an airtight container. The cookies will last the longer end if stored in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini chocolate chip cookies