4 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Bars (V, GF): an easy, one bowl recipe for protein-rich, gluten-free oatmeal bars bursting with peanut butter and coconut. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Did I tell you about that time Erik got into an argument with a 3-year-old over a recipe? Yep, that happened.
Ahhhh, definitely (not) one of Erik’s finer moments. A while back, Erik and I brought over a big container of 3 ingredient no bake peanut butter granola bars to my sister Jenny’s house. She lives pretty close to us, so we regularly drop off recipe tests and post-photoshoot batches of cookies and whatnot.
Anyway, the second I open up that container of granola bars, Dylan aka “PB” darts over to me. And why yes, he is the 3-year-old in question. He politely asks if he can try a granola bar. His mama taught him well. 😉
He gingerly scoops one up and holds a granola bar to the light, for the requisite inspection. That tiny hand turns the bar ‘round and ‘round. And he asks, “What is it? What’s in this bar?”
I tell him it’s made with just 3 ingredients: peanut butter, oats and maple syrup. His response? “No, it’s not!!”
PB: “There’s almonds in this!! Right here!”
Me: “Nope, those are oats. Your favorite, remember?”
PB: “No, it’s not! It’s almonds.”
As you might be able to tell from this exchange, his Grandmother likes to test/trick him on whatever he’s eating, so he’s developed a healthy sense of skepticism when it comes to food.
Me: “I promise, it’s just oats. Try it!”
PB: “I don’t like almonds. No, thank you!” (Seriously how good are his manners?!)
Erik aka “E Boopy”: “Pooh Bear. Why would we lie to you? It’s oatmeal. Can’t you tell?”
PB: “E Boopy, it’s not!! Loooooook!!”
Erik: “No it’s oats!”
PB: “No, it’s almonds.”
Erik: “Nooooooo, it’s oats.”
PB: “NOOOO, it’s almonds!”
Erik: “No, it’s oats!!!”
PB: *Heavy sigh* “No, it’s ALMONDS!!!”
Erik: “No, it’s—ah, forget it. It’s almonds.”
Erik throws his hands up, lost in defeat. Jenny and I exchange looks. PB starts picking all the “almonds” out of the bars.
And that is why I now present to you these No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Bars. If PB thought those last snacks were made with “almonds,” we might as well see what he thinks of the coconut. Hahahahaa.
And if he thinks that the coconut is oats… well, Erik will have something to say about that.
My man, ladies. What do you think? ????
While you ponder that, here are a few more peanut butter oat treats you’d love:
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe (one of my most popular recipes!)
- How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter (sooooo good! Comes with a full video and photo tutorial, too!)
If you’re not completely sold on these almond-free (no, for reals), oat-packed (really) No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Bars, let me tell you all about them! They’re:
- made with just 4 simple ingredients
- super easy to make–prepared in just a few minutes!
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- chewy, satisfyingly dense
- the deliciously easy no bake refined sugar free bars you’ve been looking for
- made with the simple, whole and healthy ingredients you love
- just the protein-packed oatmeal bars you need
- my current favorite gluten free peanut butter oatmeal bars (besides these peanut butter cup oatmeal bars)
- totally fun to make and share with the kiddos 😉
Give these a try and let me know what you think! I’m 99% sure you’ll just love them. 🙂 You grab the coconut, I’ll grab the oats! I’m so thankful to have you here, baking, no baking, and all the tasty-snack-making with me. Be sure to let me know what you think! In the meantime, sign up for my email list so you never miss a recipe:
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
???? Click below to Pin ????
If you enjoyed these No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Bars, then you’ll just love these delicious healthy snack recipes:
More No Bake Gluten Free Vegan Snack Recipes
- No Bake Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- Gluten Free No Bake Brownie Energy Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan-you will need it later.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm and fragrant, and the mixture begins to dry out and become fluffy (about 4-7 rounds). Whisk in between heating increments. *Stovetop instructions in Notes.
- Add coconut and oats. Stir and fold until thoroughly combined. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, tightly packed layer.
- Freeze for 25-35 minutes, or until firm and completely chilled. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Looking for more Peanut Butter treats? Try these chocolate peanut butter no bake bites and these vegan peanut butter cookies.
- *Stovetop Instructions: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat and carefully pour over the dry mixture.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 months. After the first day, you can store them at room temperature-they'll be more firm.
- More no bake peanut butter recipes: no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies, no bake peanut butter chocolate bars, 3 ingredient peanut butter no bake energy bites.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut | Maple Syrup | My Favorite Knife | Baking Pan (8-inch) | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Stainless Steel Measuring Cups | Glass Mixing Bowls | Silicone Spatulas
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.