4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups (V, GF, Paleo): a 4-ingredient recipe for delicious coconut-filled homemade Mounds cups. Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a standard 12-muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside for later.
- Make the Coconut Cups: Add Coconut Cups ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky dough-like mixture, with smaller but still noticeable coconut pieces.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of coconut mixture into each muffin cup. Press down and smooth until you get a tightly packed layer. Coconut mixture will be sticky.*
- Make the Chocolate Layer: Add Chocolate Layer ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Scoop and drop 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto each cup. Using a small spoon, spread chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to even out the chocolate. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Coconut Topping onto each cup. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Drizzle: add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to the bowl of leftover melted chocolate. Heat in the microwave in 20-30 second increments until just softened. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate into a zip bag and trim off a very small tip. Drizzle all cups.
- Place muffin pan into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Try the Almond Joy version here.
– *Here’s how I like to smooth out the cups: Use one hand to hold the muffin liner in place; use a small spoon in the other hand to press down and smooth coconut filling into an even layer.
– Adapted from my Paleo Almond Joy.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
– More coconut recipes (all V, GF, DF): Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Paleo), Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies, Toasted Coconut Rice Crispy Treats.
– Nutrition Info: is an estimate based on 12 total cups.
- Category: Candy, No Bake, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 1g