5 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Coconut Truffles (V, GF): an easy recipe for decadent peanut butter coconut truffles enrobed in a thick layer of chocolate, and topped with coconut flakes. Made with healthy ingredients. Protein-Packed, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
- 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free small coconut flakes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1–2 tablespoons gluten-free small coconut flakes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this sheet. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour. Whisk as long as you can. When the mixture gets harder to stir, use a rubber spatula to fold until well incorporated. Fold until thickened. Fold in coconut. Cover bowl and freeze for 15-25 minutes, until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop peanut butter balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Here is the 1-tablespoon cookie scoop that I use. Place in the freezer to chill while preparing the topping.
- Use the double-boiler method to make the chocolate topping, or do the following. Add Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping ingredients to a small, microwave-safe boil. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth. Spoon ¼ to ½ teaspoon of chocolate topping onto each ball. Sprinkle Coconut Garnish on top.
- Chill in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate topping is firm. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bites.
– Truffles will become firmer and less moist the next day.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Very firm, but soft enough to eat straight out of the freezer.
- Category: Candy, Snacks, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Rich