Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats: an easy vegan overnight oats recipe that’s creamy, rich and chockfull of vegan chocolate chips! A quick breakfast made the night before.
Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegan mini chocolate chips or stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1 teaspoon vegan mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup fresh fruit, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts or seeds
- 1 tablespoon seed or nut butter
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl for easier stirring. Stir until well mixed, then pour into jars when done. If using coconut cream, make sure no coconut cream clumps remain after stirring.
- Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm. Add optional toppings before serving.
Adapted from my Chocolate Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan).
Delicious Overnight Oat Recipes
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip overnight oats, overnight oats vegan