Deep, rich chocolate and sweet orange come together for the best moist chocolate orange muffins. Think: the best chocolate cake ever + chocolate orange flavor = these guys!
A Classic Chocolate treat turned into the Breakfast of Your Dreams
Okay, so what if the best moist chocolate cake ever and the juiciest oranges that basically fell from heaven came together to make a baby? That tasty, edible baby would be today’s chocolate orange muffins. (Okay, fine… that was a weird visual. But I assure you, you can easily and scrumptiously eat that visual.) Today’s vegan chocolate orange muffins are soon-to-be the reason you wake up in the morning. Hold onto your muffin liners, we’re baking the best chocolate orange muffins!
Delicious Ingredients for Delicious Chocolate Orange Muffins
The most delicious foods are made with delicious ingredients. I mean, it makes sense right? 😉 Check out the simply delicious ingredients we’re using today to make the best chocolate orange muffins.
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice: with a whopping ½ cup of orange juice, we’re talking about bold and beautiful fresh-squeezed orange flavor!
- Orange zest: not to be outdone by orange juice, we’re mixing in 3 whole tablespoons of orange zest to beautifully complement the two chocolate ingredients in these muffins.
- Raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Oat flour: my favorite baking flour ever. Oat flour is made with just one ingredient, oats. It works beautifully in these chocolate orange muffins, deliciously buoying chocolate and orange flavors. Here’s how to make oat flour. 🙂
- Maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla
- Chocolate chips: two kinds of chocolate in these orange chocolate chip muffins? What is it, our birthdays? 🙂 Enjoy twice the amount of chocolate in these muffins with cocoa powder and chocolate chips in the muffin batter. Fancy a dark chocolate and orange muffins recipe? Use dark chocolate chips in the muffins!
How to Make Chocolate Orange Muffins
Be prepared. You’ll have to throw away, delete, and just about erase the memory of all other chocolate orange muffin recipes. This is the only one you’ll ever need. These moist orange chocolate chip muffins are bursting with sweet ‘n tart orange flavor and double the chocolate. What could be better?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, bring out a standard, 12-cup muffin pan. Pop in some unbleached muffin liners or nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl. Make sure to warm up the water and milk to prevent them from solidifying the melted coconut oil.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients into one mixing bowl. Fold in chocolate chips!
- Pour your chocolate orange muffin batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 24 minutes.
- Cool and Enjoy the best chocolate orange muffin recipe!
How do I make Vegan Chocolate Orange Muffins?
Easy! Keep everything as is, and make sure to use vegan chocolate chips. No other changes are needed to make vegan chocolate orange muffins. 🙂
More Vegan Muffins to Sweeten your Breakfast Table
- Easy Orange Muffins Recipe
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Muffins
- Vegan Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Lemon Blackberry Muffins
Tools You Need
Hi!! I’m over here, eating a fresh batch of chocolate and orange muffins… and thinking of you. Did you try the recipe? Did you like it? I’d love to know! Leave me a comment below, snap a pic and share it on Instagram… or reach out however you prefer. Just know, I truly appreciate you and the time we spend in the kitchen together. ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📸 🍊 📸
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.