Bright, sweet citrus orange notes and pops of fresh blueberries nestled all in a soft, tender crumb for the best blueberry orange muffins.
Bright & Beautiful Blueberry Orange Muffins Are In Your Sights!
Just when you thought blueberry muffins couldn’t get any better, we went and added fresh, juicy oranges to ‘em! I’m so excited about today’s blueberry orange muffins because they combine two incredible fruits to make one amazing breakfast treat! Think: bright, sweet citrus orange notes and pops of fresh blueberries nestled all in a soft, tender crumb for the perfect blueberry orange muffins.
The Simplest Ingredients for the Best Blueberry Orange Muffins
One of the best parts of making the best blueberry orange muffins ever? The simple ingredients used to do so. Baking these muffins will be a true joy, and a guilt-free pleasure to eat. 🙂
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice: is there anything better than fresh-squeezed orange juice? Alright, we know it’s kind of a pain to squeeze fresh orange juice, but we promise it’s worth it! (And in case you’re sooo over your hand citrus squeezer, we recommend using this electric citrus juicer.) The fresh-squeezed flavor of oranges is unlike any other—so bright and sweet that you can practically taste the orchard and the sun on your skin.
- Orange zest: same goes for orange zest! Be sure to take the time to freshly zest your oranges before squeezing the juice out of them. This zest adds a delicious and potent orange flavor that is truly a highlight of the blueberry muffins.
- Fresh blueberries: we’re going to be adding 2 whole cups of fresh blueberries to make these amazing blueberry orange muffins!
- Oat flour and almond flour: as if you couldn’t feel good enough about the ¼ cup of fresh orange juice and the 2 cups of fresh blueberries in this recipe, you’ve got oats and almonds to puff your chest about. 😉 I mean, we don’t always want to eat a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning, ya know? Fiber-rich oats and healthy, nutrient-dense almonds make these muffins an even more satisfying and fulfilling fresh-baked treat.
How to Make Blueberry Orange Muffins
It’s super simple to make blueberry orange muffins! Simply preheat the oven and add muffin liners into a muffin pan. Then, sift together all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Whisk together wet ingredients in another. Combine the wet and dry ingredients to make the muffin batter. Fold in blueberries, then scoop the batter into each muffin cup. Dot with blueberries and bake. Cool, then enjoy the best muffins! Highly recommended: make the orange glaze for a truly orange-y treat!
Can I Try Making These Into Lemon Orange Blueberry Muffins?
Yes! Simply substitute the ¼ cup of fresh-squeezed orange juice with a total of:
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
And, substitute the 3 tablespoons of orange zest with the following:
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
With the above ingredient substitutions, you’ll have the perfect flavor combo of citrusy deliciousness with lemon and orange, with a blueberry-studded blanket of fresh fruit goodness in each and every bit of lemon orange blueberry muffins.
- Lemon Blackberry Muffins
- Chocolate Orange Muffins (Vegan)
- Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Easy Orange Muffins Recipe
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Sunrise Mimosa, just for fun 😉
Tools You Need
- Electric citrus juicer: life-changing. So much easier than squeezing by hand (even with a manual citrus juicer).
- Nonstick parchment muffin liners
Blueberry Orange Delight
Fresh out of breakfast ideas? Try eating these blueberry orange delights! I truly can’t wait to hear what you think of my muffins. Be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe if you try it. 🙂 ‘Til our next sweetly baked adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📸 🍊 📸Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.