Healthy Overnight Oats with Almond Milk and Blueberries: learn how to make overnight oats with almond milk!
Lately, Erik and I’ve been on a real self-care kick. Okay, truth time: I felt guilty just writing that. But I’m working on this whole caring-about-myself-is-actually-a-necessary-thing thing. It’s kind of uncomfortable because I feel like I was already “taking care of myself” until Erik so obtrusively pointed out that I wasn’t.
Anyone out there who’s nodding their heads like, “Me too!! I do that too!”???? Let’s just say… I’m just gonna close my eyes (hopw I continued to tupe is like this) and imagine you did. 😉
This self-care kick means that we’re spending less time checking our phones for the latest (and most stressful) news, we’re taking time to do things that are more physical (boardgames, exercising, baking), and we’re practicing being more mindful and present.
Part of this routine? Making homemade, from-scratch breakfast recipes, and not rushing through any of it. Or berating myself or apologizing for making any mistakes. Or rushing through it to get to the next task.
Yep, it’s harder than one would think. But the more I practice, the better I get at it. Hopefully you know what I mean. Today’s recipe is all about doing things a bit more slowly, with a bit more joy. I hope you love my healthy overnight oats with almond milk and blueberries. And I hope it gives you a moment of peace and tranquility through the process. 🙂
Healthy Overnight Oats with Almond Milk and Blueberries
With just a few simple ingredients, we’re gonna make yummy and satisfying healthy overnight oats with almond milk aka Almond Milk Breakfast in a Jar. 😉 Today’s overnight oats recipe is packed with fiber-rich, nutrient-rich ingredients like gluten free rolled oats and chia seeds, as well as healthy fats via coconut cream, and tons of antioxidants from blueberries!
But how do you make overnight oats with almond milk? I’m so glad you asked!
How to Make Overnight Oats with Almond Milk
Learn how to make overnight oats with almond milk the easy way: simply add oats, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut cream to a mixing bowl and stir until well mixed. Then, evenly pour the overnight oatmeal mixture into these cute little jars. Top with blueberries and seal. Enjoy your overnight oatmeal with almond milk the next day.
Tools for the Best Overnight Oats with Almond Milk and Blueberries
One of my favorite parts about making overnight oats with almond milk? Getting to use my super cute mini jars and, gasp! perhaps even cuter, spoons. 🙂 These mini jars pack deceptively a lot of overnight oat mixture, and the spoons are the perfect size to scoop out your breakfast treat!
I know, you’re like: Demeter, I just wanted to make overnight oats with almond milk and blueberries, not coconut cream! Well, you have obviously got to do you. However, I’d suggest that you just give coconut cream a shot–it’s so thick, creamy, satisfying and keeps you full for ages. Love!
Two super essential ingredients to making your overnight oats, well, overnight oats! 😉 The chia seeds help to thicken your overnight oat mixture, while the oats…erm, are the oats in your overnight oats! Heehee…
How’d you like learning how to make overnight oats with almond milk? Let me know in the comments below if you made this recipe or just want to say hi. I love hearing from you! I hope you take time to care for yourself today—you deserve it. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy Overnight Oats with Almond Milk Recipes
- Simple & Easy Vegan Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Gluten Free Overnight Oats
- The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- 7 Ways: Vegan Overnight Oats
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Easy Classic Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Overnight Oats
- Pecan Pie Vegan Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats (Vegan)
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
- Chocolate Overnight Oats – 3 Ways
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
Healthy Overnight Oats with Almond Milk and Blueberries: learn how to make overnight oats with almond milk! Quick & easy almond milk breakfast in a jar—the best overnight oats with almond milk.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt*
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
- 2–4 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- ¼ to 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts or seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon seed or nut butter (optional)
- Set aside three resealable mini jars. Here are the resealable glass jars that I use.
- If not layering: Add all ingredients to mini jars, leaving enough room to stir. Stir until well mixed. Or, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl for easier stirring, then pour into jars when done. Add blueberries and other toppings and seal jars.
- If layering: Add all ingredients except toppings to a covered bowl to thicken overnight. The next day, the overnight oatmeal mixture will be thick enough to layer. Scoop and drop mixture into a jar of your choice, filling it up about 1/3 of the way. Smooth into an even layer. For the next layer, fill the jar an additional 1/3 of the way with blueberries, creating an even layer. For the last layer, fill the last 1/3 of the jar with remaining mixture. Seal jar or top with more blueberries and serve.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Overnight Oats You’ll Love
*I prefer using coconut cream in overnight oats—it lends a thick, creamy and delicious texture. If using non-dairy yogurt, make sure to choose your favorite kind—the flavor will be very present. Also, use vanilla yogurt for a tasty addition!
For Storing Instructions, see Instructions above. 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.