Easy Gluten Free Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Bars (V, GF): a quick and easy recipe for healthy homemade breakfast bars made with simple, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 medium banana, ripened
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, flakes or shreds
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled banana. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, and baking soda. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes, until just lightly golden around the edges. Mine took 18 minutes. Cool for about 1 hour. Slice into bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
– More breakfast recipes (all V + GF): peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, good morning breakfast cookies, dark chocolate muffins.
- Category: Breakfast, Baking, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free