Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread (GF): this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe yields moist & satisfyingly dense GF pumpkin bread that’s lightly fluffy. The best gluten free pumpkin bread recipe—1-bowl, rich, warm pumpkin flavors & lightly sweet.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground, not coarse*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon organic pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, spice and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. The batter will be thick. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Smooth into an even layer, with a rise down the center of the loaf. Using a butter knife, cut a line slightly off center down the middle of the loaf—this will create a beautiful split on your bread. Optionally, sprinkle and gently press pumpkin seeds into the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 58-66 minutes. Mine took 62 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool in pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Pinch two opposite ends of the parchment paper, lifting both the paper and the bread out of the pan. Transfer to cooling rack to complete cooling, about 1-3 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread & Related Recipes (GF)
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
**Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can use: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Storing Notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezing Notes: This loaf freezes well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 62 mins
- Category: Snack, Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin bread