Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles (V, GF, DF): an easy, 5 ingredient recipe for decadent peanut butter truffles dipped in chocolate. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Holiday.
Peanut Butter Balls
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some space out in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Make the peanut butter balls: In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated. Cover and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop peanut butter balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Transfer back to the freezer to chill for 20-30 minutes, until hardened. About 5 minutes before the balls are done freezing, it’s time to make the chocolate dip.
- Make the chocolate dip: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Dip ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: ½ cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove peanut butter balls from freezer. Dip the bottom of one ball into the bowl of melted chocolate, scraping off excess. Place back onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all balls are dipped. There should be leftover melted chocolate.
- Make the drizzle: Add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to your bowl of leftover melted chocolate: 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1/8 teaspoon melted coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of each truffle.
- Freeze for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Firm, but soft enough to eat straight out of the freezer.
– Homemade Candy: Coconut Chocolate Truffles, Peppermint Crunch Bars, Paleo Almond Joy, Paleo Almond Butter Cups.
– Peanut Butter Love recipes: no bake chocolate pb bars, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, peanut butter ice cream smoothie.
- Category: Candy, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free