Soft and decadent oat flour cookies packed with melty chocolate chips. The best oat flour chocolate chip cookie recipe is made with wholesome oat flour and whole ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups GF oat flour or try homemade gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel, about 5 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough. Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature—this allows the dry mixture to absorb the wet mixture and become more cohesive.*
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for about 10 minutes. Then, using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
*You can skip this step, but the dough is more likely to be too sticky to flatten with a fork. Also, the cookies are less likely to have a beautiful textured on top.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: These cookies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oat flour cookies, oat flour chocolate chip cookies