Delicious chewy oats, crunchy walnuts and soft, sweet apple bits for hearty and healthy breakfast cookies that taste like apple pie and breakfast oatmeal in one delicious treat!
Apple Pie in Breakfast Form aka Apple Pie Breakfast Cookies!
Green apples, red apples, apples that are kinda like the sunset… Which ones are your favorite? I personally don’t care what color the apples are, as long as they’re crispy and juicy! For today’s sweet breakfast treat, we’re going to transform breakfast cookies into something that tastes like a cross between a classic dessert and a healthy oatmeal breakfast salute. Ready to make apple pie breakfast cookies? Let’s go!
Everything You Need to Make Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
One of the many things you’ll love about these oatmeal breakfast cookies is the ingredients. They’re simple, wholesome, and include a few swaps, just in case you don’t have the usuals on hand.
- Walnuts or pecans
- All purpose flour or oat flour
- Rolled oats
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves
- Vegan butter or coconut oil
- Coconut sugar + maple syrup
- 1 flax egg or egg of choice
- Baking powder, salt, vanilla
How to Make Healthy Breakfast Cookies That Taste Like Apple Pie
How does one squeeze the yummy, juicy, spiced, and cozy tart-sweet goodness of apple pie into one breakfast cookie recipe? Allow me to show you how—completely guilt-free.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, then grab some parchment paper or foil and line a baking sheet.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. You’ll use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir and fold everything together to create the base batter for your healthy breakfast cookies.
- Now, to add the apples! Pour your finely chopped apples into the breakfast cookies base, then fold the apples in until they’re wonderfully incorporated.
- Grab a cookie scoop and scoop away! You’ll scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, press down onto each cookie to flatten.
- Slide the cookie sheet into the oven and bake cookies for about 14 minutes.
- Next, slide the hot baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow the breakfast cookies to cool for about 5 minutes on the sheet—this lets the cookies firm up a bit, so they’re not too fragile to handle. Now, slide the cookies directly onto the rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy the yummiest apple pie breakfast cookies!
Satisfying, chewy oats, juicy pieces of apple, and heart-healthy walnuts all combine into one delectable breakfast cookie recipe.
These apple pie breakfast cookies are one of my favorite morning treats because they’re packed with nourishing ingredients, just the right amount of sweet (not too much to be overbearing for the morning, not too little that they’re a chore to eat), and they have this incredible, satisfying texture.
Tools You Need
Sending You Lots of Love All The Way From My Core 🍎
Last apple joke, I promise! 😉 Well, for this post, anyway. I know you’ve got lots going on in your day-to-day life, so allow me to thank you for stopping by and taking a moment to enjoy some baking delight. I truly can’t wait to see what you and your loved ones think of my breakfast cookies recipe! When you make this recipe, be sure to take a pic and share it on Instagram using @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker. ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
🍏Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍎 📸 🍏
More Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Oat Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Low Calorie Granola (Low Carb, Low Sugar, Low Fat)
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Healthy Breakfast Bars Recipe or Vegan Breakfast Bars
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Fruit & Veggie Packed Recipes! 🍓🫐🥭🥒
- Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Easy Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Mango Ice Cream
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Best Healthy Zucchini Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.