Crispy, crunchy, nutty: the perfect trifecta of texture for the best vanilla almond granola, packed with nutty almonds and sweet vanilla bean flavor.
Meet the Best Kind of Nutty in the Best Vanilla Almond Granola Recipe
What is it about the vanilla + almond combo that’s such a sweet, reliable, and cozy classic? Just when you’re feeling a bit flavored out by the crazy combos out there, it’s finally ready for a comforting respite with today’s vanilla almond granola recipe. It’s based off of my highly-rated healthy chunky granola recipe, and jazzed up with way more almonds and way more vanilla flavor! Ready? Let’s get it!
Whole Ingredients for Simple Almond Vanilla Granola
You’re going to love the whole ingredients use to make today’s almond vanilla granola recipe. It’s one of my favorite granola recipes because it features two cozy ingredients with twice the flavor each!
- Almonds + Pure Almond Extract – What’s the point of packing this vanilla almond granola recipe with almonds if you’re not gonna have it twice in one recipe? Delicious whole almond provide a yummy, nutty crunch, while pure almond extract adds a delicious, aromatic flavor-boost.
- Vanilla Beans + Pure Vanilla Extract – Why the need for two kinds of vanilla in one recipe? Flavor people, flavor. Just like I used both vanilla beans and pure vanilla in my Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream, I’ll be using those two vanilla superstars today (Okay, I just read that out loud). Haha… Vanilla extract adds the comforting flavor you’re very familiar with in everything from cookies to bread and granola. Comparatively, vanilla beans might be a newer flavor to you. Vanilla beans add a sweet and smoky aroma to amp up the vanilla factor in today’s granola
- Coconut Sugar + Coconut Oil + Pure Maple Syrup
- Oats + Flaxseed – two of my favorite ingredients in making nearly all of my well-rated granola recipes, from my gluten free granola to my paleo granola to grain free granola bars (sans the oats). Oats and flaxseeds are both heart-healthy, and packed with a variety of nutrients that help to reduce cholesterol levels, blood pressure and more.  
How to Make Vanilla Almond Granola with All the Clusters
One of my biggest goals on in snack-making is creating the hugest granola clusters possible in all of my granola recipes. Hence, today’s cluster-packed vanilla almond granola recipe. As you can see in the pictures in this post, there are more clusters than there are small granola bits. Hooray!!
To make vanilla almond granola, simply start by preheating your oven to 300°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I like using this rose gold chef’s sheet for even baking because it has a ceramic core.
Next, stir all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl: add almonds, oats, flaxseed, and salt.
Now, add all the wet ingredients (except the vanilla bean pod) into a small or medium mixing bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla and pure almond extract.
Then slice the vanilla bean pod and scrape the contents into the mixing bowl. I get the freshest, best vanilla bean pods here. Set the exterior pod aside for another recipe. Now, stir all the ingredients together until well mixed.
After, transfer the wet ingredients into the large dry ingredients mixing bowl. Stir and fold to combine both the wet and dry ingredients. Make sure every little morsel of granola mixture is coated in the sweetened wet mixture. You’ve just made your granola mixture!
Now, pour this almond vanilla granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Grab the spatula from earlier and use it to press down and pack the granola mixture together into one clump in the middle of the sheet. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the entire sheet—it most likely will not.
Then, grab your spatula and press down the center of the packed mixture, creating a divide. This will result in two separate sections of granola.
Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the sheet and bake for an additional 18-22 minutes, until deep golden brown.
Lastly, place the baking sheet on a cooling rack until completely cooled. Break into pieces aka ginormous clusters) and enjoy the best granola!
Swoon-worthy Serving Suggestions
- On top of your creamiest, dreamiest yogurt
- In a bowl, as a snack
- Paired with this delicious toasted almond drink
- Layered in a parfait with toasted slivered almonds
- Over coconut chia pudding
- On a smoothie bowl
- Over ice cream such as this Coconut Milk Ice Cream
More Out-of-this-World Granola Recipes to Rock Your Morning (In a Good Way)
- Low Calorie Granola (Low Carb)
- 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Granola (Vegan)
- Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Granola Bars Recipe – 6 Ways
- Keto Granola Bars
Tools You Need
Crunchy Granola Hugs
As uncomfortable as that sounds, imagine me sending you some crunchy granola hugs. Does that mean I’m infusing it with granola clusters? Are my hugs smelling like vanilla bean granola? Use your imagination! 😉 I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think of my granola recipe. Looking forward to our next baked adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🤗 📸 ☀️Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.