Healthy Banana Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins: tender & moist chocolate banana muffins. The best healthy chocolate banana muffins—fluffy & fudgy, with deep chocolate banana brownie flavor. SO GOOD!
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter (recommended), sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together oat flour, cacao powder, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk together as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until well incorporated and no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be very thick—do not add additional liquids.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into prepared muffin pan. Fill each cup all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, round-topped muffins, and ¾ of the way for a larger quantity of smaller muffins. Optionally, sprinkle with chocolate chips and lightly press down into each muffin top.
- Bake for 18-28 minutes. Mine took 23 minutes for large, high-topped muffins. Place muffin pan onto a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, gently transfer muffins directly onto cooling rack for 1 hour to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Healthy Banana Muffins For You
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy banana chocolate chip muffins, healthy chocolate banana muffins