One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Banana Nut Muffins (V, GF): an easy, whole recipe for deliciously soft and moist banana nut muffins. Vegan, Gluten Free, Whole Grain, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
Optional for topping
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add peeled bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in walnuts.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping and a beautiful round top. If needed, smooth batter into an even layer, with a domed top (rise) in the center. Optional: sprinkle walnuts on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes. Mine took 19 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!
– Adapted from my Double Chocolate Banana Muffins and my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Banana Nut Bread.
– *I like to use this ice cream scoop to scoop and drop one scoop into one cup. This scoop helps control the batter, prevent messes and gives you a nice rounded top. Tip: after dropping scoops, lightly tap the pan to even out the batter.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm.
– More muffins + quick bread recipes: chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, gluten free banana oat muffins, chocolate banana nut bread.
- Category: Muffin, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole Grain, Refined Sugar Free