Paleo Cookie Dough Bars (GF): this almond flour cookie dough recipe is delicious & gluten free! Safe to eat & edible, no need to bake. Egg-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Paleo Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 2/3 cups finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular) or chopped paleo chocolate
Paleo Vegan Chocolate Topping
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Make the Paleo Cookie Dough Bars: Add almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, oil and vanilla to a medium bowl. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thickened and well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer cookie dough into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Prepare the Chocolate Topping using a double-boiler or do the following. Add Paleo Vegan Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating increments until smooth and well mixed. Pour topping over cookie dough bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Optionally, make swirls on top for fun!
- Transfer pan to freezer. Chill for 20-30 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Paleo Cookie Dough Bites.
More Paleo Chocolate Treats
- To keep this recipe paleo, make sure to use chopped paleo chocolate in place of vegan chocolate chips. Here is the paleo chocolate that I use. It’s amazing!
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Blanched Almond Flour | Coconut Flour | Paleo Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Coconut Oil | Natural Almond Butter
- Storing Instructions: Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container such as these reusable zip bags at room temperature. Bars are soft for up to 1 week.
- Recommended Tools: Glass Mixing Bowls | 8-inch Baking Pan | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Spatulas | 4oz Prep Bowls | Reusable Zip Bags
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 16 servings per recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert, No Bake
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: paleo cookie dough, paleo edible cookie dough, almond flour cookie dough, almond meal cookie dough