These vegan breakfast bars take breakfast to a whole new level with fiber-rich oats and oat flour, healthy fats from creamy nut butter and your favorite add-ins! Gluten free oatmeal bars without eggs never tasted so good! Dairy-Free.
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted nut butter*
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup your favorite add-ins (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped fruit)
- 1–2 tablespoons your favorite add-ins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, nut or seed butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir and fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in add-ins.
- Transfer into prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even and tightly packed layer. Optionally, press toppings into the dough.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift breakfast bars out of the baking pan. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Gluten Free & Vegan Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
*Feel free to use any type of nut or seed butter you like. For example: peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter. 😉
Store breakfast bars in an airtight container for 1 week. Keep out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources, which could keep the bars from being as fresh for as long as possible.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan breakfast bars, vegan oatmeal bars, gluten free oat bars, oatmeal bars without eggs