Juicy strawberries and tart lemons create the perfect flavor combo in the best moist strawberry lemon muffins recipe!
- 2 ¼ cups oat flour – use gluten free if needed
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, largely chopped – chop to about the size of small raspberries
- 2–4 tablespoons fresh strawberries, largely chopped
- 3 tablespoons organic confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice – start with less, add more as needed for desired thickness
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup all the way to the top for big, round tops, and ¾ of the way for a higher quantity of smaller muffins. Gently tuck strawberry pieces into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 23-29 minutes. Mine took 26 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Lemon Glaze ingredients until thickened: confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle muffins. Enjoy! Storing Instructions below.
Storing Instructions: Best the first day. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container or bag, unglazed, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10 second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American