The ultimate batter for vegan gluten free muffins! Customize this gluten free vegan muffin batter to your liking with add-ins like chocolate chips and blueberries, lemon zest and so much more.
A Boundless Buffet of Vegan Gluten Free Muffins, What Could Be Better?
Imagine it, endless tables topped with fresh-baked vegan gluten free muffins on gleaming silver platters. Every gluten free vegan muffin recipe you can think of is in that magnificent muffin buffet: chocolate chip, lemon blueberry, cinnamon sugar… Whatever flavor your heart desires, your heart (and stomach) get.
Ready to learn how to make the 1 batter you need to make limitless vegan gluten free muffins? Let’s do this!
Supremely Soft and Magnificently Moist, these Vegan Gluten Free Muffins are So Easy to Customize!
This is my go-to vegan gluten free muffins batter for a reason! It’s so deliciously soft ‘n moist, with a cozy flavor base that takes really well to a variety of flavor additions and add-ins.
Below, I’ll take you through a few of the ways that you can easily customize this gluten free vegan muffin recipe for countless muffins! Try the variations I’ve listed first, then go ahead and get wild!
How to Make Vegan Gluten Free Muffins
One of my favorite things about this master muffin batter? You get to make the batter and customize it exactly to your liking. A fan of cinnamon muffins, but don’t ever wanna add pecans? No problem. Love blueberries, but wish there was a bright lemon component? You got it!
Below, I’ve outlined a few of my favorite vegan gluten free muffins variations. Take any of these muffin variations for a spin, and then go bold! You can mix and match elements of each flavor variation to suit your needs. Sometimes, I’ll just swap out a fruit for whatever’s freshest that season. Other times, I’ll use the blueberry almond variation and swap the fresh blueberries with dried blueberries, and the almonds with chocolate chips because I’m craving a sweeter treat. The muffin recipe options are endless…
Fresh blueberries abound in this vegan gluten free muffins recipe. I simply love the scent of sweet almonds and tart blueberries together. The almond glaze is something to write home about as it drips and drizzles over pillowy muffins bejeweled with fresh blueberries and sliced almonds. Also try my healthy lemon blueberry muffins.
- For the dry ingredients: keep the same
- For the wet ingredients: add ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Once the batter is made, fold in 1 cup blueberries and ½ cup sliced almonds
- Almond Glaze: whisk together until thickened
- 3 tablespoons organic confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk or almond milk!
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Top glazed muffins with: 2-3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Lemon Poppy Seed
One of Erik’s favorite gluten free vegan muffins, ever. He loves the sweet lemon glaze that sits atop soft and tender lemon muffins dotted beautifully with poppy seeds. The juxtaposition of tart lemon flavor and sweet muffin goodness is one of the most satisfying. You might also like my lemon poppy seed bread and my lemon macaroons.
- For the dry ingredients: add 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- For the wet ingredients: substitute all wet ingredients listed with…
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add this lemon glaze:
- 3 tablespoons organic confectioners’ sugar + 1 teaspoon lemon juice, whisked together in a small bowl until thickened. Add more confectioners’ sugar as needed to thicken your glaze.
A classic cookie transformed into a delicious gluten free vegan muffin. Why is it that melty chocolate chips always make everything better? To kick up the chocolate goodness, try the best ever healthy chocolate chip muffins.
- Once the batter is made, simply fold 1 ½ cups chocolate chips into vegan gluten free muffins batter.
- Once the batter is evenly distributed into cups, top with 2-3 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips.
For when I’m craving cinnamon sugar donuts, but still want to be “good.” Haha. These cinnamon sugar vegan gluten free muffins are sweet and cozy, with a bit of warm, comforting spice courtesy of ground cinnamon. The best part of these muffins? The crunchy, sweet topping that’s packed with cinnamon sugar delight. Also try my vegan cinnamon bread and my cinnamon streusel muffins.
- For the dry ingredients: add 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Once the batter is evenly distributed into cups, sprinkle this mixture over the muffin tops before baking:
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
More Vegan Gluten Free Muffins Recipes
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Egg Free)
- Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins (Paleo)
- Lemon Blackberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
Tools You Need
- GF Oat Flour
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Unbleached Muffin Liners
- Muffin Pans
- Large Batter Scoop
- Coconut Sugar
Muffin Time Never Looked So Good
Imagine sitting down to a basket brimming with a beautiful variety of gluten free vegan muffins. You can pluck out half of a blueberry muffin, perhaps a quarter of a lemon poppy seed, and most definitely an entire chocolate chip muffin. I can’t wait to see what your muffins basket looks like! Be sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram, tagging me @beamingbaker. ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
💖 📸 😋Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.