Smooth vanilla and sweet, chewy coconut pair together for the perfect creamy vanilla coconut overnight oats.
Coconut Overnight Oats with Vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ to 1 cup fresh fruit, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts or seeds
- 1 tablespoon seed or nut butter
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the glass overnight oat jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all overnight oat ingredients to a mixing bowl for easier stirring. Stir the ingredients together until well mixed. Pour oatmeal mixture into jars. Coconut cream can tend to clump up–make sure to stir until no clumps remain.
- Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.* Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm. Top with fresh fruit or other toppings before serving.
My go-to overnight oats jars are resealable, reusable and free from plastic. They seal very tightly and are going strong after two years of use!
*Overnight oats last up to 5 days if using the freshest ingredients and store-bought milk. Homemade milk tends to last only 3 days, so keep this in mind when making your overnight oats.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut overnight oats