Vegan Gluten Free Cinnamon Apple Crisp with Oats (V, GF): an easy recipe for a warm, gooey apple crisp with delicious cinnamon oat topping. Made with healthy ingredients. Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Fall Desserts.
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced* (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons water (optional)
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- To make this paleo, make the topping in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all Filling ingredients: apples, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until apples are fully coated and sugar has dissolved. If the mixture isn’t very wet, add in water—there should be 1-2 tablespoons of liquid at the bottom of the mixing bowl. I used 1 ½ tablespoons water in mine.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use the spatula to smooth apples into an even layer.
- Add all Topping ingredients to a medium bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until crumbles form. Gently spoon evenly over apples, making sure to keep crumbles intact.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes. Mine took 45 minutes. It’s done when the top is a deep golden brown and the juice around the filling has thickened. To test, use a spoon to carefully lift up a corner of the crisp to see the juices. If it’s still too watery, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 mins. Serve warm with a scoop with dairy-free ice cream on top. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.Adapted from my Paleo Apple Crisp and my Easy Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe (V, GF).
Also try my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread.
*I like to use a mix of apples: Braeburn, Fuji, Granny Smith, etc.
Storage notes: Best on the first day. Cover with foil, or transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free