Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: an easy recipe for chewy, moist vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies bursting with deep peanut butter flavor.
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour (try making homemade oat flour)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (whisk together 1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, set for 15 mins)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: peanut butter, oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold vigorously until no flour patches remain. Dough will be soft and moist. Fold in vegan chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a spoon, press down lightly to slightly flatten cookies. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. If desired, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
Where do I find Vegan chocolate chips? I have three go-to vegan chocolate chips that I use. (Mainly because some of them are not available from time to time). This one has a delicious, milky chocolate flavor, this one is sweetened only with stevia, sugar-free and delicious, this one is allergy-friendly, affordable and reliable.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-3 weeks.
- Category: Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies