Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Brownies: moist ‘n fudgy peanut butter cup brownies! These vegan peanut butter brownies are bursting with rich chocolate & peanut butter cups.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- ½ heaping cup Vegan Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped (more for topping, listed below)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 5 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Topping
- ½ cup Vegan Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
- Make 1 batch of Vegan Peanut Butter Cups.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Add flax eggs in, whisking until well incorporated.
- In thirds, whisk in the oat flour. As the batter gets harder to whisk, switch to stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the first ½ cup of peanut butter cups. You can use more peanut butter cups if you like your brownies super stuffed with pb cups. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Top with remaining ½ cup peanut butter cups. Press gently into the batter.
- Bake for 28-32 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in 10-second increments in the microwave until just warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan peanut butter brownies, peanut butter cup brownies