Vegan Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for decadent, soft-baked peppermint cookies bursting with chocolate. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Oat Flour.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- For topping: 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, and peppermint. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until you get a sticky, soft dough-like mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough. Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature—this allows the dry mixture to absorb the wet mixture and become more cohesive.*
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc of desired thickness—they won’t spread much during baking. Press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon melted coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim off a tiny corner. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of each cookie.
- Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *You can skip this step, but the dough is more likely to be too sticky to flatten with a fork. Also, the cookies are less likely to have a beautiful textured on top.
– Adapted from my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, DF).
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes at room temperature. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
– More cookie recipes: cranberry chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal, gluten free vegan trail mix, and paleo pumpkin chocolate chip.
– More holiday recipes: peppermint crunch bars, skillet-roasted maple cinnamon pecans, paleo vegan chocolate coconut truffles and no bake chocolate pecan bars. (all V, GF, DF)
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free