Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake Recipe (V, GF): all you need are 5 minutes & 3 ingredients to make the EASIEST & best vegan protein shake recipe—delicious, healthy & protein-rich! 22g of protein per serving. Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb.
Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (more below)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate vegan protein powder (or two scoops of the vegan protein powder that I use)*
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- For ENERGY: ¼ teaspoon gelatinized maca powder
- For Fruit: swap 1/2 cup ice cubes with 1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen fruit
- For Veggies: ¼ cup to ½ cup frozen spinach
- For Protein Boost: 2 tablespoons peanut powder
- For Healthy Fats: 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or other nut butter, or MCT oil
- For Fun: 1 tablespoon paleo chocolate chunks
- This is the blender I use to make my smoothies. It’s easy to use, holds the perfect amount, and can be left to keep blending while I walk away (it runs by itself). Not sponsored, I just love this!
- Add all ingredients in the order listed: 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, vegan protein powder, MCT oil, ice cubes and ½ cup milk. This is the order that I’ve found to be smoothest, without any protein powder getting stuck in a clump anywhere.
- Depending on your daily nutritional requirements/needs, feel free to add maca powder, peanut powder, nut butter or MCT oil.
- Close blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Enjoy immediately!
- If you don’t know what vegan protein powder to use… here’s my review + guide to vegan protein powders: Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED.
More Protein-Packed Snacks:
- Where To Buy Ingredients: chocolate vegan protein powder or vanilla vegan protein powder | MCT oil | Gelatinized Maca Powder | Peanut Powder | Paleo Chocolate | Raw Cacao Powder | To sweeten (Low Carb): stevia drops or monkfruit drops
- Recommended Tools: My Favorite Blender | Extra Blender Cups | for a quick shaker smoothie: Blender Bottle
- *Most vegan protein powders will work with this amount in your protein shake. However, some are more highly concentrated & can create thicker shakes than desired. Try the recommended 1 serving listed on your protein powder and adjust as needed.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients I’ve listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 1 serving per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- What’s my favorite vegan protein powder? Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder: this brand is my go-to chocolate vegan protein powder. My favorite thing to do is use 1 scoop of the chocolate flavor and 1 scoop of the vanilla vegan protein powder. Such a good combo! When I need to switch thing up (because protein powder can get tedious, folks!), I go to my second favorite vegan protein powder.
- Top 15 Vegan Protein Powder Review: Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 protein shake
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g, Net Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 0mg