4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (V, GF): an easy, no churn recipe for delightfully sweet and creamy healthy vegan ice cream bursting with peanut butter flavor! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (more below)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
Peanut Butter Swirl
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Add bananas to a food processor (preferred) or blender. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream and blend until somewhat smooth. If coconut cream is firm, try melting in the microwave for about 8 seconds to liquify (this will prevent coconut chips from forming, but isn’t necessary).
- Add ½ cup peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Pour half of the mixture into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Tap the container a few times to create an even layer. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over this layer of ice cream in a large zigzag pattern, creating big pockets of peanut butter. Keep it uneven for more chunky swirls!
- Pour the remaining half of the ice cream mixture over the peanut butter swirl. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over the ice cream. Dip a butter knife straight down into the ice cream, almost hitting the bottom of the container. Gently swirl the knife around the ice cream in a clockwise motion–starting near the edge of the container and ending in the center, creating pretty peanut butter swirls. Do not over-stir, as that will fully mix the peanut butter into the ice cream and remove swirls.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-20 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream.
– *You can use canned coconut cream, found here, or you can do the following: Allow a can of full fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days in the refrigerator. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream.
– Here is the food processor I love and use to make all of my vegan ice cream recipes: Food Processor.
– More Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes: almond joy vegan ice cream, vegan ice cream bars, chocolate chocolate chip coconut vegan ice cream.
- Category: Ice Cream, Frozen Desserts, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy