Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V+GF): An easy recipe for deliciously simple chocolate chip cookies packed with almond butter, oats and coconut. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural, unsalted almond butter (mine is naturally liquidy)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir and fold until you get a cohesive dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and place onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool before storing.
-*You may substitute coconut sugar with brown sugar.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– Adapted from my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (vegan, gluten free, dairy free).
– More delicious almond butter recipes, just for you: No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites, Gluten Free Vegan Brownies, No Bake Cranberry Coconut Energy Bites, Chocolate Almond Butter Pretzel Bites, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars. All vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based.
- Category: Cookies, Snacks, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free