The BEST VEGAN chewy oatmeal raisin cookies EVER–crispy edges with a CHEWY center, bursting with oats, warm spices & juicy raisins! Gluten-Free, Healthy Ingredients, Dairy-Free.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, golden ground flaxseed, spices and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in raisins and walnuts, if using.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with raisins and walnuts. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. The cookies will crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Delicious Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipes
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy, fall-apart cookies. Here is the finely ground GF Oat Flour that I use.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Oil | Maple Syrup | Finely Ground GF Oat Flour (or try homemade oat flour) | Pure Vanilla Extract | No Sugar Added Raisins
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: Medium or Small Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Festive Cookie Tin | Glass Mixing Bowls
- Category: Healthy Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, vegan chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, amazing oatmeal raisin cookies