Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for deliciously moist banana bread bursting with chocolate and made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Quick Breads.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup + 2 tablespoons, mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground—not coarse*
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon (optional) and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Batter will be a bit thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. Optionally, sprinkle with chocolate chips. Lightly press chocolate chips into the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean-ish, with just a few bits of moisture on it when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours. Lift out, slice and enjoy!
Adapted from my Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread.
More Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy texture.
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- This loaf freezes well. Wrap in parchment paper and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Quick Bread, Snack, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana bread, moist chocolate chip banana bread, healthy recipe, quick bread