Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe (V, GF): my favorite easy recipe for moist and chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with plump raisins and amazing flavor! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite add-in)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until well mixed. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet, spread evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness—cookies will only spread a tiny bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Cookies, Healthy Baking, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free